Awaken My Soul

How many times have you been listening to a song or see something in a store that just really speaks to you? Well, lately I have been noticing lots of things that seem to jump out at me. I started to wonder if I was just paying better attention to my surroundings, or if God was trying to get my attention. After further investigation into my heart, I discovered that I believe the latter scenario to be true. I have been a Christian for as long as I can remember. I don't have a story of heading in the wrong direction and God pulled me out, I wasn't on a path that seemed to be destructive...or so I thought. Where am I going with this you ask? Well, this past weekend I had the privilege of going to visit with a very good friend. I had lots of time in the car to ponder different areas of my life. I started to think about the sermons I've heard lately, the devotions I've read, songs I've heard, plaques I've seen, Bible studies I'm involved in, so many things have been combining to help me see that I needed to do a soul check. God has done a work in my life, and he continues to do so daily. When I was younger, I was not destructive to myself, but some of the family issues/circumstances that I happened to be in were, and they were setting the stage for my later years. The question comes now in: "What will you do with what you know?" Of course, that is just the beginning. There are many questions that I have asked myself and that I continue to ask. I ask God questions all the time. One question lately has been: "Why have I allowed the lies I have been told in my life to be written on my heart?" It's a shame that it happens that way and we as human beings believe the lies instead of seeking the truth. That is where the destruction comes in to play. If we allow those lies to stay on our hearts and soul, we miss out on knowing the redeeming grace and love of God. We can get lonely, depressed, discouraged, fill in the blank.... It's difficult to remain close to God and know him more intimately when we listen to the lies. Here's the good news, you can choose to change, the destruction doesn't have to be permanent. It is painful, but once the hurt is out, once we allow God to move in our heart and soul, the pain can be replaced with love, joy, peace, happiness, etc. His truth is right there in black and white. He tells us HIS truth and gives us HIS promises. I try and have a theme song for the year, or at least a few months! I was having a rough day and listening to the lies, and I decided to put on some music. Well, one of the songs that came up was "Awaken." I started to think about that. My soul was crying out and I realized that something was lacking. I have decided that this is my theme song for right now. The chorus says: "Awaken my heart, awaken my soul; awaken your power and take control. Awaken my passion to live for you!" I thought about how I was living everyday. Am I living with a passion for God? Everything was pointing to that sort of message...that we need to live with that passion and hold onto it. Today, I was in a store and saw some plaques. I took a few minutes to pick the ones I liked the best. (it was a very difficult choice) One of the ones that I chose was: "Don't measure the size of the mountain, talk to the one who can move it!" Here is another question, " Are there things jumping out at you and giving you a message?" Maybe that's God trying to get your attention. We don't always realize how far away from him we can get. Those little everyday things consume us and we don't stop and take the time to spend with the ONE whose truth will set us completely free. Are you on fire for God? Do you want to be? Ask him to search your heart and awaken your soul. Ask him for that passion and the fire to live for him fully. He will give it to you. If he clothes the lilies of the field, how much more will he give to his children? I found myself just singing as loud as I could tonight in the car when this song came on. Do you know how freeing it is to just sing out to God and know how much he loves you and how he wants to fill you with passion? I pray that you will be open to let God search your heart..no matter what he reveals to you; and that you have a fire and a passion for him. Awaken your soul!! Let the power of God take control in you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perseverance

Healing

Our Cheerleader!