God's Sense of Humor
Well, I've always heard that God has a sense of humor and I know that to be true. I also know that when we bring things into light and God lays things on our heart..haha surprise, he's going to test it! For instance, when posting something about unconditional faith, guess what?? He decided to test mine! Yes, I have my moments of question..but I pose this question again; am I going to slouch and be defeated, or stand strong in his promises? After all, has he ever steered me wrong? He has protected me my entire life from myself and the things in this world that attempt to distract me from his goodness and grace. My husband told me this morning that he is having numbness in his body when he turns his head one way or another. It seems to be an endless cycle sometimes when it comes to physical ailments. Now, I hae my moments of weakness and break down. I start doing that "woman thing" and questioning things and thinking way too far into the future. Instead of living for today and not worrying about tomorrow, (for tomorrow has enough troubles of it's own!), I start to stress about what happens if he doesn't get to do this or that, how will this affect career, deployments, life in general. I love how God gives us friends who are readily available to pray and lift us up when we can't seem to find the light in the moment. Not only that, he has given me a husband who stands strong when I cannot seem to. I love how my husband shines in my times of weakness...actually, it's God in the form of my husband reassuring me in the flesh that things are going to be okay. In our weakness HE is made strong. What areas of weakness are you dealing with right now? Are you allowing God to shine and be made stronger? Are you allowing him to hold you and truly take care of every area/aspect of your life? I know I am asking a lot of questions, but we need to ask questions..that's how we gain knowledge. We may not get the answer we want right away, or ever, but he will give us answers. Keep seeking his face and ask him for knowledge. He will give it to you, and sometimes even answer in a way that you never imagined possible! I was reminded today to be strong and courageous like Joshua. There are so many examples of the strength of God in human weakness mentioned in the Bible. "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, for the Lord your God is with you, wherever (and whatever!) you do!" Joshua 1:9. Allow God to show you his strength. Don't be afraid to feel weak and helpless...God is getting ready to do something amazing!
Comments