Obedience

Okay, so it's been a while since I have posted. No, I have not forgotten..believe me, I think about this every day. I have just not taken the time to sit and write what has been laid on my heart. So, I am going to do my best to keep up with it better now. I have been thinking alot about tithing lately. Now, you may ask.."then why is the title of this blog obedience?" Well, because tithing is an obedient act. Yes, it's a subject that many people shy away from. I have felt led to discuss this because I have heard many sermons lately that deal with this very topic. I will share what tithing has done for me recently. In the past, I have tried to tithe faithfully. I felt guilty at times when I could not monetarily give. I have a mother who would encourage me when I felt that way. She reminded me that tithing is not just a monetary act. It can also be your time that you tithe. I served on a board for three years and yes it was draining. However, God blessed me during that time and continually showed me his love and surrounded me with people who lifted me up. After those terms were up, I decided to lay low for a while. Then, God spoke something to my heart about giving monetary tithes. I still like to do things for people, but it has been a very different blessing for myself and my husband. I admit, when I first started thinking about tithing the way that we are taught to do in the Bible, I was concerned as to how it was going to stretch our budget every month. Wow...I had no idea what God had in store for us!! Once I got past my selfishness...yes, I said it, I was able to see where God was blessing us. Suddenly, our bank account was more full than it had been in a long time. We had money that I didn't realize. Now, I'm not saying this is going to be the same for everyone, but for us, it was amazing to see how God stretched our funds for the month and even gave us extra. I don't say this to be arrogant..just wanted to share how awesome God is and when we are faithful and obedient...I believe that he blesses that. I am not saying that we are always going to tithe the same way either. I believe that we go through different seasons in our lives and that if we are listening and obeying him, God will show us how and where he wants us to tithe. I pray that you are able to see and experience the blessings that God has waiting for you. The question I have is: what are you waiting for? Are you willing to trust God with your finances? It's not always an easy walk, but my friends...it is SO worth it!! Have a blessed week and may you have an abundance even after all the bills have been paid!

Comments

Marti said…
Glad to see you back posting Rach!!! I've missed reading your posts!!! Great one to come back with!! :)
Rachel said…
Thanks chickee! I really did miss posting. I need to do better at keeping up with it. Thanks for the encouragement!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Perseverance

Healing

Our Cheerleader!