Shh..Listen!

Okay, so last night I was looking at my blog and had someone tell me to check out a site to change the template. Well, while scrolling through the MANY pages of templates, we came across this one. I really loved the look of it to begin with, great eye appeal...and very me as my precious friend pointed out! Then, I took a look at the title of it. The title of this particular template is called, "Shhh...listen!" Wow! God really spoke to me in that moment. I never thought I would be a "blogger," but that is changing. I was reminded that even if nobody else reads this, I do and it's a therapeutic way of dealing with every day life. I used to write poetry all the time and got away from it for some reason that now seems trivial.
When I looked at the title of the template, I started to think about how often do I just sit quietly and listen to what God has to tell me? Lately I have been slacking in my quiet time. I won't pretend that I do what I am supposed to do. I do believe however, that God speaks to me everyday in things that some might find "ordinary." Sometimes, it's just sitting on the couch with a cup of hot cocoa. For me, I find out more about the character of God when I just..shh...listen! I also find, when I am in tune with God, I hear him in the smallest things, and very frequently! There are times when he has to "raise his voice," so to speak, but when I take the time to listen, he whispers it gently in my ear. I see him in the things around me..yes, even the food he so abundantly provides. I see him when my husband walks in the door. I hear him nudge me gently to reach out to a friend.
My question is this, do you take time to sit, be still, and listen? It may not be during a devotional; it may simply be in those times when you have a moment to sit by yourself (even in the car!, and listen to all the awesome things God is speaking around you. That bird you hear singing, those kids laughing and playing, your husbands voice, a message from a friend, the wind blowing through the trees...that's God writing you a love song for the moment! Have a quiet day!

Comments

Marti said…
Love this Rachel, I never thought of it when we saw the title of the template. It's perfect for this blog!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Perseverance

Healing

Our Cheerleader!